Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday To MEEEEEE


Today I turned 40. There was a lot of anticipation from others asking over the past year, "What are you doing for the big Four Ohh??" I had grandiose plans a long time ago. Reality arrived today and it has been perfect. Much easier than 30. Peaceful. Content. Accomplished. When I think about being 20 and what I wanted for my life, I have it. How many people can say that? Sure, I still have goals, a long road ahead with further challenges and things unknown, but all in all, I am happy today. I have a great life, great kids, great husband and many blessings. What more could I ask for on this day??

How did I spend it? Two music filled cards that my kids picked out (one with a bear burping, which cracked them up - dd's choice, and a police car with sirens - my son's - both more for a drunken party person, but they didn't know that!) I got to go pick out a new dishwasher as mine crapped out last night (after being repaired a few times over the past few years. I ate lunch with a girlfriend at a cute little cafe. I hit the Container Store and grabbed a few things to make a "wrapping station" as I'm so sick of being attacked in my closet by the random bags and boxes of "wrapping stuff". I found a new purse and bought it for myself, which later turned out to have been a big save for my husband as he only had two hours to "get Mommy a present" when our 5 yr old announced to Daddy this morning that she didn't have anything and was quite upset. Rather than them going out after school, the store bag was handed over and I did a great fake job of being over the moon surprised. Little man gave me lots of kisses and a few imaginary gifts - a new blue car that can fly and a hammer . . . . hmmm. Then I ate a fab dinner cooked by kids and daddy, blew out a few candles, and darted off to my night class to write a midterm I didn't bother studying for. I'm on a plane in the early AM for a 4 day visit to NYC - my first ever, and I'm very excited. Hubby planned the whole thing (and we all know how much I hate planning!!), so all I have to do is sit back and enjoy the ride. He is the best person I have ever travelled with, which makes it all the better, and NYC is one of his favorite places on earth, so he's sure to show me a great time. All I know is we are staying down town on Central Park and starting with a show on Friday night.



Today life is good, and I'm just enjoying the moment of peace.

Thanks for the comments over the past few months, which I just found today! Time to start taking notes as I'm blogging from class . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment